Modern Display is committed to providing you with excellent service for all of our products and services. Because we respect your right to privacy, we have developed this Privacy Statement to inform you about our privacy practices for the entire moderndisplay.com site. This Privacy Statement will inform you of:
- What personal information our site gathers about you.
- How we use and with whom we share the personal information we gather with.
- Your ability to opt-out of future notifications.
- What security procedures we have in place to protect your personal information.
- How you can correct or update your personal information.
Questions regarding this Privacy Statement should be directed to Info@ModernDisplay.com Please specify “Privacy Statement” in the subject line of your e-mail. You may also call us Toll Free at 1-800-666-4564.
Privacy is of great concern to most users of the Internet, and is a critical part of an enjoyable and satisfactory user experience. We at Modern Display are acutely aware of and sensitive to the privacy concerns of our subscribers and other visitors to our Web site. Whether you are a customer of our various products and services, or a visitor to our site, we assure you that we do not collect personal information from you unless you explicitly provide it to us. If you are enrolling for a Modern Display customer account, you may be asked to provide certain personal information. Please note, however, that we are asking for this information for the limited purposes of creating your customer account and providing the services that may be part of your customer account. You should be assured that we do not provide or sell personal information about our customers or site visitors to vendors that are not involved in the provision of Modern Display’s services.
This Privacy Statement applies to this site. We strive to provide our visitors and subscribers with the highest level of privacy possible, and therefore require that our Affiliates offer no less protection than that offered in this Privacy Statement. Please note that our site contains links to other sites. Modern Display is not responsible for the privacy practices, privacy statements, or content regarding these other sites.
If you feel that we are violating this Privacy Statement, please contact us at Info@ModernDisplay.com. Please specify “Privacy Statement” in the subject line of your e-mail. You may also call us Toll Free at 1-800-666-4564.
Information We Gather from You
We do not collect any personal information from a visitor to our site unless that visitor explicitly and intentionally provides it. Under no circumstances do we collect any personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, or sex life. If you are simply browsing our site, we do not gather any personal information about you.
There are two ways in which you may explicitly and intentionally provide us with and consent to our collection of certain personal information:
- E-mail Request for Information or Registrations: We use links throughout our site to provide you with the opportunity to contact us via e-mail to ask questions, request information and materials, register or sign up for product notifications, or provide comments and suggestions. To do so, we may request additional personal information from you, such as your name and telephone number, to help us satisfy your request.
- Enrollment: If you choose to enroll for one of our products or services, we will request certain information from you. Depending on the type of product or service that you request, you may be asked to provide different personal information. For certain products and services, we may require your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, credit card number, and/or IP address.
Statistical Information About Your Visit
When you visit our site, our computers may automatically collect statistics about your visit. This information does not identify you personally, but rather identifies information about a visit to our site. We may monitor statistics such as how many people visit our site, the user’s IP address, which pages people visit, from which domains our visitors come and which browsers people use. We use these statistics about your visit for aggregation purposes only. These statistics are used to help us improve the performance of our Web site.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/.
How We Use and Share the Personal Information We Gather
We assure you that the personal information we gather from you is used by us only as explained below.
- Sending you responses and updates: We generally respond to any e-mail questions, requests for product or service information, and other inquiries that we receive. We may also retain this correspondence to improve our products, services, and Web site. Frequently we retain contact information so that we can send individuals updates or other important information about our services and products. Our subsidiary companies may also send you information about their services and products. In situations where you have supplied your information in connection with a question or request for information about a product or service offered by a Modern Display business partner, we may also send the information you have supplied to the Modern Display business partners that offer such products or services. Please be assured that these Modern Display business partners have agreed to ensure the privacy and security of any transferred information and may only use the shared information to send you information about products or services about which you asked.
- Processing Payments: If you use the Modern Display payment gateway for online transactions, we may provide your personal information to appropriate financial institutions, processors, and third parties under contract with Modern Display for providing a subset of the payment services (for example, credit authorization and fraud screening). For financial institutions and processors, the use of personally identifiable consumer information is governed by federal and state privacy laws. For other third parties under contract with Modern Display, the use and distribution of your personal information will be used by such entity for its internal use related to fulfilling the transaction services for Modern Display, will be treated as confidential by this entity, and will be transferred between Modern Display and this entity only via encrypted means. We may also permit the merchant through which you placed your order to review the personal information you provide. The merchant’s use of your personal information should be governed by your agreement with the merchant.
- Disclosure by Law and Protection of Modern Display and Others: If we are required by law to disclose certain information to local, state, federal, national or international government or law enforcement authorities, we will do so. We will also disclose information to third parties as necessary in order to comply with applicable laws and regulations. In addition, Modern Display may share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities or suspected fraud, or to enforce or apply Modern Display’s agreements.
- Surveys: From time-to-time we may request information from customers via surveys. Participation in these surveys is completely voluntary and the user therefore has a choice whether or not to disclose this information. Survey information will be used for purposes of improving the use of and satisfaction with this Web site, and improving our customer service and product offerings.
Your Ability to Opt-Out of Further Notifications
From time-to-time, we notify our subscribers of new products, announcements, upgrades and updates. If you would like to opt-out of being notified, please contact us at the address given at the end of this Privacy Statement.
Please be aware that you may not opt out of receiving information regarding transactions of our products or services. If you would like to change your preferences online, please visit the My Account area.
Our Security Procedures
We consider the protection of all personal information we receive from our Web site visitors and subscribers as critical to our corporate mission. Please be assured that we have security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of any personal information we receive from you. As with any transmission over the Internet, however, there is always some element of risk involved in sending personal information. In order to try to minimize this risk, we encrypt all information that you submit in ordering one of our products or services using the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol.
How You Can Update or Correct Your Personal Information
If you would like to update or correct any personal information in our records, please visit the My Account section to view your profile information and update it accordingly. If you encounter any problems, please call Toll Free 1-800-666-4564, or email Info@ModernDisplay.com with “Internet Customer Service” as the subject line
Changes to this Privacy Statement
If a material change is made to this Privacy Statement and/or the way we use our customers’ personally identifiable information then, we will post prominent notice of the nature of such change on this Privacy Statement page.
Use of Trademarks and Copyrighted Information
Third-party logos and brand names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.